A non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs, as well as ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships with four types of canine assistance:
- Service Dogs assist adults with disabilities by performing daily tasks like picking up dropped items and opening doors.
- Hearing Dogs alert the deaf and hard of hearing to important sounds.
- Facility Dogs work with professionals in a visitation, education or healthcare setting.
- Finally, skilled Companion Dogs enhance independence for children and adults with physical, cognitive, and developmental disabilities.
- All of this is provided to the recipient at no cost for the life of the dog.
- Attend graduation, an awe inspiring ceremony when dogs and their people are presented upon completion of training
- Prepare and serve lunch for the students and their families during their Student Team Training period.
- Volunteer with registration during various fund raising events, such as the DogFest Dog Walk.
- Walk the local fundraiser.
- Volunteer as a puppy raiser.