HomeClub ActivitiesWho We SupportClub Rental InformationContact Us

Mailing: P.O. Box 151, Alamo, 94507;                    Clubhouse: 1401 Danville Blvd., Alamo
In 1916, a group of women formed a social club named the Mother's Club of Alamo Grammar School. Their meetings were held in members' homes until a room was rented in the old Henry Hotel. 

During a 27 year period, member Veda Wayne (of Wayne Ave.) hosted meetings in her garden while Hemme Park-Danala Farms was used for Club installations and picnics.

The Club found a permanent home in 1952 when member Ruth Henry and her husband Corwin (of Corwin Dr.) gave the land to the club and the members and their husbands built the current building of the Alamo Women's Club. 

Renovations happened along the way while continuing to host Club business meetings, Club luncheons & programs, and events through the Club's open-to-the-public rental program.

The Alamo Women's Club cherishes the diverse contributions of each of its members and looks forward to supporting the needs of the surrounding community while enriching the camaraderie of the Club!

Member of General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC)
History
As the oldest service club in Alamo, the Alamo Women's Club (AWC) serves the community by bringing women together for fun, learning, sharing, and philanthropy through its many programs and activities!
Established 1916 Federated 1921
Our Motto:  "A place where women come together to work toward a better community for all."
What We Do
Click on link below to follow Club Activities on Facebook
Club Highlights

Come join us for the hilarious comedy

Foodies the Musical
Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Seats are $25 for members, $35 for non members
Lunch included.

Alamo Women's Club
1401 Danville Blvd, Alamo

For information and reservations contact:
Nancy Howsmon @ 925-820-8236 or njhowsmon@sbcglobal.net