In 1916, a group of women formed a social club named the Mother's Club of Alamo Grammar School. Their meetings were held in members' homes until a room was rented in the old Henry Hotel.
During a 27 year period, member Veda Wayne (of Wayne Ave.) hosted meetings in her garden while Hemme Park-Danala Farms was used for Club installations and picnics.
The Club found a permanent home in 1952 when member Ruth Henry and her husband Corwin (of Corwin Dr.) gave the land to the club and the members and their husbands built the current building of the Alamo Women's Club.
Renovations happened along the way while continuing to host Club business meetings, Club luncheons & programs, and events through the Club's open-to-the-public rental program.
The Alamo Women's Club cherishes the diverse contributions of each of its members and looks forward to supporting the needs of the surrounding community while enriching the camaraderie of the Club!